Please Note: A guide to understanding BBC's line schedules and calendars is provided below.
2016-17 Academic Year
Fall 2016 Semester (Course Schedules are Subject to Revision)
Spring 2017 Semester (Course Schedules are Subject to Revision)
2017-18 Academic Year
Fall 2017 Semester (Course Schedules are Subject to Revision)
Spring 2018 Semester (Course Schedules are Subject to Revision)
Understanding BBC's Line Schedules and Calendars
BBC operates classes in two modes:
- Traditional Format -- Classes meeting between 10:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. operate in traditional 50 minute periods that meet multiple times each week (e.g., two 'hours' a week for a two credit course).
- Block Format
- Classes meeting at 8:00 a.m. meet 2.5 hour sessions. Three hour classes meet three times a week for half a semester. Two hour classes meet twice a week for half a semester. In mid-October and mid-March, the first set of block classes have their final exams and are wrapped up. A second set of block classes then start up and conclude at the end of the semester.
- Most evening classes meet in the block format also, meeting in 2.5 sessions, but meeting only once a week.
Seminar classes listed toward the bottom of the line schedule
- Weekend seminar classes - These are generally practical seminar classes that meet in extended sessions on a Friday and Saturday.
- Waypoints classes meet during the first two block periods of each semester, and then continue in special block sessions or on Tuesdays during third period.
A limited number of on-line courses and distance courses are available. These are listed on the second page (or backside) of the line schedule.
Return to Top