By Boise Bible College Admissions Office
Transitioning to college means stepping into this great unknown. You’re stepping into new living spaces, with new people, eating new food, as well as finding a new routine. For the last 18-ish years, you’ve lived with the same people primarily. We don’t lay that out to scare you, but it is an adjustment when learning to live life among the unfamiliar.
Whether you’re coming to Boise Bible College or attending another college, we want to help you with this new transition.
The 10 Transitioning to College Tips
1. Eat and sleep well; get plenty of fresh air; explore the town
2. Learn conflict resolution strategies; roommates can be difficult, but new friendships are worth it
3. Get to know your adviser; ask them tips on getting a good start academically
4. Take part in student life and spiritual life activities; a large part of college is the community
5. Get to know your RA; If you don’t “click”, find someone you can talk too like a mentor
6. Make academics a priority
7. Budget and learn money management
8. Join a committee; try something different
9. Don’t over extend yourself
10. Take one day at a time
“Real change is difficult at the beginning, but gorgeous at the end. Change begins the moment you get the courage and step outside your comfort zone; change begins at the end of your comfort zone.”Roy T Bennett